Synergy Property Restoration provides mold remediation and removal to both Residential and Commercial properties in the Tampa Bay area.
Mold inside a home is usually caused by excessive moisture or humidity. While there is some degree of mold in every home, an excessive amount or certain types of mold can be problematic for the residents and, in some cases, cause or aggravate health conditions. It is essential to rely on indoor air quality professionals to address mold problems in a timely and effective manner. Synergy Property Restoration has trained professionals on staff that work with you to address indoor air quality and mold remediation. If you suspect mold in your home, contact us immediately at 855-630-4585.
There are many types of mold, and they can be hazardous to people living in the household, inducing complications like an allergic reaction or respiratory issues. The contractors at Synergy Property Restoration can recognize the various strains of mold, and they are experts with mold damage remediation.
Mold Mitigation Services
Mold can flourish anywhere there is lingering moisture, and this could be inside the walls where a pipe might have a leak. How can you determine if your residence has a mold issue if it’s not in plain sight? If anyone in the household is experiencing horrible, cold-like symptoms, itchy eyes or respiratory problems, contact a mold remediation specialist. Our experts will make your residence safe again. Our mold remediation services include:
- 24/7 rapid emergency response
- Residential and commercial mold extraction
- Punctual mold infiltration assessment from trained experts
- Black mold analysis
- Professional-grade water extractors, air movers, dehumidifiers, and other tools used to extract excess water efficiently
- Use air filtration techniques to remove spores from the air
- Efficient containment of affected area and elimination of contaminated materials
- Cleaning of contents and other personal possessions
- Use of disinfectants and antimicrobials to stop further mold growth
- Sanitation, deodorization and air purification
- Install new drywall, ceilings, and floors
If not treated correctly, mold will spread quickly. Mold is a fungus that poses no threat to a house or building until it takes root and starts growing. Mold can grow on any surface, and your home is the perfect environment for it. Your local Synergy crew is trained and certified in mold remediation, and we adhere to the strict codes that Florida puts forward. Our background as a top-rated damage recovery company enables our contractors to handle any renovation and restoration for commercial and residential properties. Along with professional training in emergency restoration, we will rebuild and fix damages to your residence as a result of such an event.
At Synergy, we will discuss the estimate and guide you step-by-step through the process of mold remediation so you’ll know exactly what to expect. In the process, we will need to determine the extent of your mold problem by considering the following:
- Has the source of the problem been identified and fixed?
- How long has the area been contaminated?
- Is the mold growth visible?
- How large is the problem?
- Is a mold protocol or air quality test needed?
We will then develop a detailed plan for safe mold removal with as little disruption to your family or business as possible. We will work with your insurance adjuster to approve the work necessary and bill them directly – usually with little or no money out of your pocket.
Repair and Rebuild
Mold contamination in the home can cause significant structural damage to drywall, floors, and even mechanical systems in the house in some cases. Synergy Property Restoration is a full-service restoration contractor, and we can repair your home from mold contamination to its pre-loss condition. We have the experience and knowledge in working with your insurance company to ensure your investment is restored with top quality materials and craftsmanship.
Depending on the degree of mold contamination, we strongly recommend the use of indoor air quality professionals to assess and test environments for excessive or certain types of mold. This is the safest way to protect the property and the inhabitants. In some instances, to make sure that your home has been successfully remediated, the added expertise of an Indoor Air Quality Hygienist may be required.
How To Prevent Black Mold in Your Home
Black mold can get into your home through exposed cracks in windows, doors, and walls. Black mold and other species are generally anywhere you go, indoors or outside. Thankfully there are ways to keep it from setting up in your home. If you suspect black mold somewhere in your home, don’t hesitate. Get an affordable quote for mold damage restoration from our qualified contractors!
Prevent serious mold problems in your home by taking some of these measures:
- Always restore water damaged surfaces
- Keep humidity at a minimum if possible, keeping it below 50%
- Activate your dehumidifier over the warm, wet months
- Inspect vents and exhaust fans in your kitchen or bathroom
- Clean mold-prone areas with mold-killing cleaners
- Avoid carpeting mold-prone areas
- Take out flooded carpets
- Hire an affordable mold damage restoration contractor
Properties of Mold
There are three general families of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in individuals who suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic microbes.
With the multitude of molds that can be found in structures, having an expert to diagnose and inspect the extent of their spread is crucial to remove it. A Synergy professional will aid with making your house healthy and free from the most insidious molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets, and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm-weather mold that thrives both outdoors and indoors. It can be discovered in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly located in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil, and window frames. This large spore mold deposits in the respiratory tract, mouth, and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor mold quickly enters homes. It grows in overtly moist, porous environments such as wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor strains bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, fortunately, is the least common household mold. It requires excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that grows in an array of colors like pink, white, grey, or orange.
- Aureobasidium – It is typically found growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out light brown or pink then deepens to dark brown-black the older it is. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, responsible for skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold is found in houses after a flood or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown over time, and has a musty odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold grows in both warm and cold environments and migrates quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards, and in carpets. It reacts adversely with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth, and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is commonly located in a home’s soft goods and thrives and migrates in cold temperatures. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms start out as a sore throat, runny eyes, and skin infections then progresses to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with five subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool-like texture and is mostly green and white. It grows in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, textiles, and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always located in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
If you need mold damage removal services for your residential or commercial property in the Tampa Bay area, then give Synergy Property Restoration a call. We are ready 24/7 to perform mold damage removal services at your home or business. You can get in touch with us at 855-630-4585, and we’ll respond promptly to the call.